Saturday, June 6, 2009

Amish Country

Today is Saturday, the day after Grandma's birthday and the last day that we will have the majority of the family gathered here in good old Goshen. We ate lunch at Olympia Candy Shoppe. I and about 70% of the people I dined with ordered Olympia's olive nut sandwich (an Olympia classic). I ate at a table with my Grandma, Bob, and Fred (husband of June - my Aunt Carolyn's sister and my mum's friend).

After lunch, I journeyed out to Amish Country with Fred, June, Uncle John, and Aunt Carolyn. We first got some popcorn at a little popcorn shop. They gave free samples at the door - delicious! I purchased red and blue popcorn for Mom and Bob. It was just so pretty. The girl who rang us up had braces and a beautiful smile.

Next we drove up to a farm to purchase strawberries. We were right in the midst of all the bustle of farm life. A little boy who couldn't have been more that 12 years old

Although, I've lived near the Amish for much of my life, I really haven't had an occaision to talk to them before this, at least not that I can remember

And as a side note, "journeyed to Amish Country" makes it sound like we were traveling for hours, but really it was only about 20 minutes outside of town at the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment