Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Escape from Winston

It's around 1:00 AM on Thursday, June 4, and I am happy to report that I have finally left Winston-Salem. The trip has been uneventful so far with the exception of the fact that I have officially created road kill. That poor raccoon.

I am currently lounging on a bed in a Days Inn in Athens, Ohio. It's interesting, no matter how nice the hotel is, it always makes a girl want a black light and a pair of tweezers, just in case. Not having both implements, I'm just here, pondering having left North Carolina behind. Not that I don't realize that I will certainly visit. Truth be told, I plan on returning later this summer, but as I sit here in an area code uncertain, I cannot help but ponder all the goodbyes that weren't said or that I'd like to say again. Tomorrow I'll be moving on to Indiana, but tonight I'm thinking about what I've left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment